Page - Lodging Laws
Maryland Lodging Common Law
- The Parent or Guardian of each Registered Guest under the age of 18 must sign a separate contract taking responsibility for the minor’s expenses for room and board as well as damages and damage deposit.
- All unrelated Guests occupying the same accommodations must present a valid drivers license or other photo identification at check-in.
- All Guests occupying a room or unit must be registered to that room or unit. Each registered person is responsible for that room including charges or damages.
- The Hotelkeeper (The Castle in the Sand) reserves the right to ask any unregistered guest to leave the property for any reason at any time of the day or night.
- ANY Person who disturbs the peaceful enjoyment of the vacation of other Hotel guests due to noise or inappropriate behavior will be asked to vacate the property in accordance with the Law.
- The Hotel has the right to refuse service or remove a guest for the following reasons:
- Inability or refusal to pay for lodging;
- Creating a “Public Nuisance”, intoxication and/or disorderly conduct.
- Destruction of property or threatening to destroy property.
- Possession or use of controlled substances.
- Breaking HOUSE RULES.
Castle in the Sand House Rules
- NO MORE than SIX (6) unrelated persons may occupy a unit in the oceanfront buildings of The Castle in the Sand regardless of age. This applies to some apartments as well.
- Signed RENTAL CONTRACTS are required from all unrelated guests.
- It is the policy of The Castle in the Sand Hotel to contact the Ocean City Police Department if there is underage possession of alcohol or suspected illegal activity.
- This Hotel requires a valid credit card embossed with the name of the registered guest upon check-in for Security Guarantee and incidentals. Otherwise, a $300 cash security deposit is required.
- NO PETS.
- NO refunds for early departures. This policy is FIRM.
- Eviction due to illegal activity including but not limited to underage possession of alcohol will result in forfeiture of monies paid.
- ALL Rules will be strictly enforced and immediate action taken. Failure to comply with these rules may result in forfeiture of monies paid.
- In accordance with the requirements of the Liquor Control Board:
- There is to be NO “Outside” food or beverages brought into Coconuts Bar and Grill. Only food and beverages purchased at Coconuts are allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages on the beach must be purchased from Coconuts or the Coconuts’ beach waitresses.
- Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED in any unit that is registered to a group of unrelated persons if ANY of those persons are under 21 years of age.
- CURFEW: After 11:00 P.M. all non-registered visitors must vacate our property. NOISE levels must be reduced to an acceptable level so that all guests may enjoy their vacation.